Chessmaster®: Grandmaster Edition
Chessmaster®: Grandmaster Edition expands the scope of chess to include
broader principles of learning. Josh Waitzkin's much-anticipated book The Art of
Learning (Free Press) is designed to pave the road to successful long-term
growth on and off the chessboard. The eight-time National Chess Champion and
two-time martial arts World Champion puts users in his shoes in some of the most
riveting and formative moments of his chess career, including the legendary
climactic game from the book and film Searching for Bobby Fischer. Waitzkin then
turns to the classics, introducing beginners to brilliant games from some of the
most important players in the history of chess. In his most revealing commentary
ever, Waitzkin not only teaches the beginning chess player the fundamentals of
the game, but also humanizes the road to mastery. Never has chess been so
- Extensive course on the basics of chess taught by International Chess
Master Josh Waitzkin.
- Tutorials from Josh Waitzkin's groundbreaking book The Art of Learning.
- Attacking Chess course commentary by Grandmaster Larry Christiansen.
- Famous Games: 900 of chess's most important games presented and analyzed.
- 600,000 game database.
- Coverage of all classic and modern opening variations.
- Training mode: Play one of many predefined opponents and analyze your
- Ranked Play: Test your skills against a variety of opponents and establish
- Play one of 50 predefined tournaments or create your own.
- Set up a position to solve chess problems or reproduce famous positions.
- Play with a friend via Internet or LAN connection.
- Play rated and unrated games, tournaments, ladders, simultaneous
exhibitions, watch other matches, set up/take chess lessons via LAN or
- Play one of 12 new chess variants including Limited Shuffle, Shuffle,
Giveaway, Marseilles, Progressive, and Pocket Knight.
- Play correspondence chess.
- Supported OS:
- Windows Vista®/Windows® XP (only)
- 256 MB (512 MB recommended)
- Video Card:
- 32 MB DirectX® 9.0c-compliant video card (128 MB recommended)
- Sound Card:
- DirectX 9.0c-compliant sound card optional
- DirectX Version:
- DirectX 9.0c (included on disc)
- 4x DVD-ROM or faster
- Hard Drive Space:
- 1.2 GB
- 56 Kbps or faster for Internet or LAN play (broadband recommended)
- Peripherals Supported:
- Mouse, keyboards, headsets, ultra 3D glasses (not included)
- Supported Video Cards at Time OF Release:
NVIDIA® GeForce™ 3/4/FX/6/7/8 series (GeForce4 MX NOT supported)
ATI® Radeon® 7500/8000/9000/X series
Laptop versions of these cards may work but are NOT supported. These chipsets
are the only ones that will run this game. For the most up-to-date minimum
requirement listings, please visit the FAQ for this game on our support
website at: http://support.ubi.com.